Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love the Rover Boys Books!

I have been reading the Rover Boys books (& other books by Edward Stratemeyer) for the last few months. I started with the ones I could get through the library, but found that NOT all of them were available!! :(

I searched the internet & found I could read some of them on line at either google books or gutenberg.org.

But, alas, they just were NOT all to be found. So, I had to actually shell out some dough & buy the missing ones.

So, for all you other fans, who adore the Rover Boys, I thought I would type in the ones that were not as commonly available (as time allows) and post them here for your reading pleasure. Of course, since I did all the work of typing them in, I now own the copyrights to this version. (this book is in the public domain) But you may freely read it & refer others to this work.

Hope you enjoy my posts & please feel free to leave nice comments.

2 comments:

  1. There are 30 books in the Rover Boys series. The last 10 are part of the "Second Rover Boys" series with the children of the original characters leading the adventures.

    In the US, stories before 1923 are candidates for free reprints. The Rover Boys books published at the end of the series, between 1923 and 1926, are still under copyright.

    Project Gutenberg and Google Books are indeed good places to look for these stories. It can be a bit tedious to search several places for a particular title. Archive.org is sometimes helpful because it will list PG and GB entries (though not all) as well as editions specific to them (such as the old Microsoft Books scans when they were active). Here's a link that may help:

    http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22Rover%20Boys%22

    James Keeline
    http://www.Stratemeyer.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James. I had been given other information. I have since found that this book did have it's copyright renewed in 1951. So, sorry to anyone who may have been reading this blog, but I am taking it down now.

    ReplyDelete